So here's a little bit about me.
I'm a bit crazy, I'm a bit unusual but being unusual is the usual these days so what's new?
Being different used to be something bad, now it's bad to be normal but when everyone is different doesn't that make it the new normal? Never mind, I doubt anyone except for me could possibly follow that.
So today's been a hard day. Watched the Katter (Bob - politician) interview on the 7pm Project (news show here in Australia). One of his party members compared homosexuality to paedophilia. Not cool. Not cool at all.
Being gay isn't a choice, if I had a choice I'd be straight. I'd be that idealistic 'normal/different' person who has the balance worked out perfectly. I can't say that being gay is the only part of me that I wish I could change but it's probably the most prominent. I'm female, so obviously I want to change the way I look, the way I speak, the way I dress and the way people think of me but hey - at least if I was straight I'd be able to tell people everything about my life without fear of them shutting me out entirely.
My family doesn't know about my "lifestyle". I don't see the point in starting WWIII when it isn't necessary. Plus, being gay doesn't define me. I'm a person. My favourite colour is yellow, my favourite food is hot wedges with sour cream, my favourite drink is straight lemon juice. I like wearing denim shorts and Disney singlets. I sleep in my Dad's old footy jerseys. I love life.
I just wish I could control some parts.
I should be greatful.
Blink... and it could all be gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment